Tuesday 30 March 2010

A new apology and a finished project

So.. First of all I want to say that I'm sorry about being so incredibly slow on this post, but I haven't been very productive and also I haven't been able to get pictures from my camera and onto my computer for quite a while so the blogging haven't exactly been easy. Plus I've been very very lazy since before Christmas. But anyway..In the end of November I got an order. My very first international order. It came from a girl in Croatia, with whom I used to play World of Warcraft (yes, I am -that- pathetic). She wanted a bag and so I started making a bag after her descriptions. On March the second it was finished. I know it was slow work but alot was going on, like Christmas and a couple of injuries (there will be a picture of one of them further down the post) and such, but my "customer" was okay with it.
The bag is 30cm (about 12") wide, about 45cm (17,7") long and the strap is 120cm (47,2") long. The bag itself is made from wool and as you can probably see by now the technique is needlebinding. The buttons are regular hard plastic and the red heart is felt. The lining of the bag (which you cannot see in the pictures) is a cotton/elastan mix. And for those of you that actually recognise that sort of fabric, yes I have recycled an old pair of pants from technically being trash to being a usefull part of my crafts. Not the first time I've done something like that either. I just might do a post on that at a later time. But back to the original bag. The only thing I should have done differently was that I miscalculated the length of the strap so it's a bit short for the girl that ordered it, but she managed to find a way to use it anyway so everyone's happy.
Here are the pictures of the finished product.

The bag from the front:

The bag's lid and buttons up close, unfortunatly the flash stole a lot of colour from it:


The bag's behind:

The felt heart and the stitching up close:

Ester with the bag in various ways and poses:




And here we have what sometimes happen when you work on your own and don't know the difference between finger and fabric when you're using the sewing machine:


Thanks for having a peek!

Stay creative!

No comments:

Post a Comment